Nowadays, as a new type of energy-saving lighting facil […]
Nowadays, as a new type of energy-saving lighting facility, solar street lights have been widely used in many scenarios. However, there are also some solar street lights that turn on during the day, causing energy waste and even affecting their normal work at night.
So what causes solar street lights to turn on during the day?
1. The solar panel can convert sunlight into electric energy, and whether the street light is on or not mainly depends on the controller. Based on the output voltage, the controller turns on the street light when the voltage is lower than a certain level, and turns off the street light when the voltage is higher than a certain level.
2. The reason for the object covering, if the solar panel is covered, it will also cause the solar street lamp to not be able to be used normally, heavy snow cover, and dust cover. When these coverings cover the solar panels, the output voltage of the solar panels will be lower than a certain value, and the solar street lights will be triggered to light up.
3. The solar street light controller displays the undervoltage state, and does not turn on after dark, but the battery voltage has exceeded the undervoltage value, indicating that the battery is charged. When the battery drops below this voltage point, the controller turns off the power supply and stops discharging, mainly to protect the battery from being over-discharged and affecting the subsequent use of the entire equipment. The charging voltage will continue to discharge only when it is charged to 24V (the default value of the controller). The main purpose of this setting is to prevent the battery from being damaged by deep discharge. In the case of battery undervoltage, if the solar street light controller is not restarted, the voltage between 22.2V and 24V is under voltage, and the solar street light battery will continue to discharge only when the voltage of the solar street light battery is charged above 24V.
4. Photoresistors are particularly sensitive to light. When the light intensity is weak, the resistance is large. As the light becomes stronger, the resistance value decreases. A balance point can be found by sliding the rheostat. When the light is strong, the photoresistor value is small. The use of photoresistors has certain disadvantages. Photoresistors have relatively high requirements for installation, and are prone to miscontrol in rainy, cloudy and other conditions.
5. Another relatively rare reason is that in rainy weather, the solar panel absorbs insufficient solar radiation and emits weak electricity. The controller will think that it is dark and will automatically turn on the light.